Church Wellesley Update
News from the Church Wellesley Neighbourhood Association
James Canning Gardens Meeting #2
A small group of local residents met on May 24 to review the latest concept for James Canning Gardens. As part of the strategy for the three linear parks, James Canning will serve as a family-oriented park featuring a revitalized playground, varied and flexible seating, and improved lighting and visibility.
Here's some of the feedback we heard:
- it was clear that the feedback and suggestions from the previous consultation meeting in April were heard and applied to the new design. Preferred elements from the two proposed designs were maintained, while recommended features such as the path on the east side of the park were added.
- residents asked that the designers revisit their plan to remove three existing trees in the southeast corner of the park.
- more review of the shadow studies was requested with respect to plant selection and seating placement.
- attendees wanted to know more about the plans to improve the look of the TTC vents in the park. Can their height be lowered? Can seating be incorporated directly into the new surrounds?
- questions were asked about the placement of garbage and recycling bins, bike parking on the south end of the park, and plans to resolve the existing drainage issues in the park.
- much discussion surrounded seating in the north end of the park. Could more seating be added in this area? Could the two planned benches be placed on an angle rather than placed parallel to the pathway?
What do you think of the new concept?
Comments are closed.