The Church Wellesley Neighbourhood Association (CWNA) is a non-profit organization dedicated to improving the quality of life of everyone who lives, works and plays at Church and Wellesley.
What We Do
Formally incorporated in 2011, the CWNA builds bridges between residents, elected officials, businesses, and developers. We put our members in touch with people who have power to enact change.
- We lobby to improve our parks and make our streets safer and more beautiful.
- We keep on top of building applications and represent our community to planners, developers and elected officials at all levels of government.
- We work to preserve our neighbourhood’s character while encouraging innovative and respectful approaches to heritage conservation.
- We build partnerships with the Church Wellesley BIA to help sustain and promote local businesses.
- We keep the community informed through our newsletter, email campaigns and social media platforms.
Our Mission Statement
- To effectively represent the Church-Wellesley neighbourhood by championing its unique heritage and makeup and by adopting innovative and inclusive city-building practices.
- To connect and engage neighbourhood stakeholders by providing an open forum for multi-way communications on matters impacting homes, communities and businesses in the area.
- To ensure that neighbourhood issues and views are registered and effectively presented to decision makers at the municipal, provincial and federal levels by working with elected officials and government bodies.
- To enhance support networks and safety in the neighbourhood by working with other local associations, service providers and the Toronto Police.