Our Projects & Accomplishments
- We are working to protect the Historic Yonge Heritage Conservation District and Area Plan OPA 183 at the Ontario Municipal Board;
- We are compiling an inventory of heritage buildings in our neighbourhood, and are working with the city on a project to research suitable historic names for unnamed laneways in our area;
- We are building partnerships with our BIA to promote local businesses and maintain our fine grade retail;
- We are establishing a liaison position with Toronto Police 51 Division to improve street safety and maintain a line of communication between the community and the Police;
- We are studying potential neighbourhood beautification projects.
- We provided community input into major city planning initiatives including the Tall Buildings Guidelines, the North Downtown Yonge Street Planning Framework, and the North Yonge Street Heritage Conservation District study.
- We actively participated in a working group at City Hall that studied the massive 2-tower condo development proposed for 501 Yonge Street. What began as a two 58-story towers is now a proposed 52-story north tower and a 22-story north tower. Our work has had an impact.
- The CWNA partnered with a local arts group to have murals painted on Bell utility boxes in our neighbourhood.
- We worked with other nearby neighbourhood groups to persuade the city and province to create a new park or green space on the vacant government-owned lands at 11 Wellesley Street West, between Yonge and Bay Streets;
- Our Development committee compiled a list of developments currently in the application or construction phase. Visit our Development page for more information.